Saturday, October 31, 2009

Scariest Halloween Ever


2008 Chapter 1

Halloween is near and it's scary here
As I roll into Washington D.C.
Politicians are out, exercising their clout
Unashamed, for all to see.

"We're headed for hell if we don't pass this bill"
Was their frantic anxious scream
So they took out the fork and loaded some pork
To gather the pigs to the team

Maverick McCain vowed, "I‘ll change the game
I will veto all bills loaded up"
The bailout came by with a load from the sty
He marked ‘yes' and dropped in the cup

Barack is in lock with the Democrat stock
What we need are more taxes, you see
"Tax em' to hell  -- "That'll be swell
Then we'll go on a spending spree"

The people have spoken  -- the system is broken
Damn Politicians have their nerve
But we vote em' there, and so I will swear
We get exactly what we deserve

Decorations are out as I look about
Tombstones, coffins, a scary figure masked
Will our Constitution survive or be buried alive
Is a question I think should be asked


2009 Chapter 2 - Makes me blue

A full year has spun and Obama has won
And yet the corruption has spread
ACORN is funny and stimulus money
Has been doled out to the dead

Clunkers and health for spreading the wealth
Are now the things that we hear
We have emptied the store and they still want more
And bankruptcy is now a real fear

Government has grown by ‘The One' on the throne
At an increasingly frantic pace
I think I should mention - we should pay attention
Lest we be crowded out of our space

Do we now give thanks that we own the banks
And the business of building the cars
Are we led by the nose as we sleepily doze
Is freedom slipping away to the Czars

Nikita pounded his shoe -- said ‘We'll bury you
We will do it by working within"
The media blight is now far left of right
We should be aware of the spin

Esau the fool traded birthright for gruel
Therein is lesson to be learned
Will there come a day we give the Constitution away
In exchange for mere tax dollars returned

Let us rise from the grime -- I think we have time
To escape the corruption I see
If we just use our brain to get out of the rain
Would you like to join me for tea
by Lee Kayser



No comments: